Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The acceptance of excellence

how odd,
far to often we seek perfection
and yet when we find it within ourselves, however fleeting
we reject it.

We'd rather walk through fire, endure pain beyond fathom,
then simply acknowledge our own worth.

Why is this so?


Are we afraid that in giving the self some ounce of undue credit, we might topple the axis the very earth balances apon?
Do we fear the result of feeling so proud of ourselves that we strive to do more to better ourselves and better the lives of others?
Or perhaps that in appreciating ourselves, we leave ourselves unable to appreciate the good we see in others? In the world?

None of this is true.

Instead we must.
For once and FOR ALL
begin to be proud of ourselves.
I am strong,
I am good,
I am worthy of the love of others and I am worthy of the love of MYSELF!!
I deserve to be happy, and I am proud of the person I have become.

No comments:

Post a Comment